Top reasons for using a Life Coach
An increasing number of people are using life coaches to identify what they want personally or professionally and to get support in achieving a life they really want. Benefits include improving your life satisfaction, learning new ways of coping and implementing changes that will have a positive impact on your life.
The ICF ( International Coaching Federation) conducted a study of people who use a Life Coach and here are some stats from the survey:
- 80% improved their self confidence.
- 73% improved their relationships
- 72% improved their communication skills
- 67% improved their work-life balance
- 57% improved their time management
A good Life Coach should –
- Provide a safe place and supportive relationship for personal growth, discovery and transformation;
- Recognise and help you acknowledge and appreciate your strengths and potential;
- Listen in a way that shows attention to your words, nuances, and the unspoken meaning of your communication;
- Is attentive to you, and processes information on the level of mind, body, heart, and/or spirit to expand your awareness of how you experience thoughts and issues on these various levels;
- Communicate in a way that clearly expresses commitment, direction, intent, and ideas;
- Reduces any of your confusion or uncertainty, and increases your understanding and confidence;
- Keeps you focused and working towards your intended goals;
- Creates an environment that allows ideas, options, and opportunities to emerge;
- Help you identify and build relationships, tools, systems, and structures you will need to advance and sustain progress towards your goals.